Official Launch of AgroLAC 2025: The Core Funding Platform for Boosting Sustainable Agriculture in Latin America and the Caribbean
September 27, 2015
World Economic Forum USA
New York, NY
AgroLAC 2025 Steering Committee members and other partners will gather to formally launch this innovative new multi-donor thematic funding platform to advance sustainable agricultural growth in Latin America and the Caribbean.
Presenting brief remarks will be high-level representatives from key partnes and supporters of AgroLAC 2025, including:
- IDB President Luis Alberto Moreno
- Mark Tercek, CEO, The Nature Conservancy
- Neil Hawkins, Chief Sustainability Officer, Dow
- Alejandro Gamboa Castilla, General Director, APC-Colombia
- Richard Samans, Head of the Centre for the Global Agenda, Member of the Managing Board, World Economic Forum
- Nancy Stetson, Special Representative for Global Food Security, U.S. Department of State
Joined by a representative of The Nature Conservancy, the speakers will herald their support of AgroLAC 2025 and its multi-stakeholder approach to supporting sustainable agricultural development in Latin America and the Caribbean and thereby helping the region fulfill its potential in becoming a major part of the solution to both global and regional food security.